Accessing and inputting learner Interests and Destinations data
1. To access learner profiles and input intended destinations, click on Learner > Current on the navigation bar.
2. To view a learner profile, click 'View profile' under the 'Actions' column.
3. The learner profile has a series of tabs: Activities, Interests and Destinations, Questionnaires and Personal Information.
4. Select the 'Interests and Destinations' tab.
5. The 'Interests and Destinations' tab is split into the following sections:
- Consent: this section records if the learner has consented to long term tracking.
- Interests: this section can be used to note a learner’s general subjects, industries or job roles of interest.
- Post 16 Destinations: this section can be used to note a learner’s intended destinations at Post 16. Select the + to input detailed information in each field.
- Post 18 Destinations: this section can be used to note a learner’s intended destinations at Post 18. Select the + to input detailed information in each field.
- Actual Destination: this section can be used to note a learner’s actual destination after leaving your institution.
- Alumni Contact Details: this can be used to note contact details that can be used to contact the learner after leaving the institution (with their permission).
6. Click on the 'Save all' button in the panel at the top of the screen to save your data.
Viewing and exporting learner Interests and Destinations data
Aggregated learner destinations data is summarised in the 'Tracking intended destinations' data visualisation on your Dashboard.
You can learn more about using this data visualisation in the following article: How to understand your Dashboard learner intended destinations data.
You can choose to download Interests and Destinations data via built-in reports, as custom reports, or as a spreadsheet of all learner data. To learn more about creating and exporting reports, see Producing learner reports and exporting data.
A common question that is often asked about long-term tracking linked to Alumni Contact Details is how can a school get 100% for Gatsby Benchmark 3, data collection for each learner on their destinations for three years after leaving school, if learners don't consent to contact?
We recommend that users reflect on the robustness of the process used to collect this learner data. If every effort is made to contact learners, and they do not give consent to contact and this is recorded, then this is still an accurate record. The learners’ decision is outside of your control and as long as there are robust processes in place to engage learners to record this data, this should be your focus.