Would you like to invite a colleague to help build your school’s careers programme? Do you need to update an existing user's permissions? Follow the below steps to learn how to manage users in Compass+.
Watch our video or reference our step-by-step guidance below:
1. To manage your users in Compass+, click on the “Your options” (three dots in a circle) menu icon in the top right of the screen, and then select “User Management” in the drop down.
2. You will then be taken to the manage users screen. Here you will be able to see all of your users listed. These will have been created by the admin of your Compass+ account.
3. To create a new user, click on “Create a new user” button at the top right of the screen.
4. A dialog box will then load, here you can enter all of the users details and select details via the drop down menus provided.
5. There are 3 different options that you can set your users as in the system. These options include Admin, Editor and Viewer.
- Admins can add and remove institution users, create and share evaluations, create and share plans and activities and access student data.
- Editors can create evaluations, create plans and activities and access student data.
- Viewers can view existing evaluations, view existing plans and activities and access student data.
6. When you have input all information, click the “Create” button in the bottom right of the dialog box to create the new user. The new user will then receive a welcome email from Compass+. You will also be able to view the new user in the “Manage Users List”.
7. To edit a user, click on the pen tool in the actions column next to the user you wish to edit. From here you will be able to edit the user's name, email and institution role. Click on edit to save any data changed.
8. To deactivate a user, click on the checkbox in the “Active” column next to the user you wish to deactivate. Click on the “Deactivate” button to confirm the deactivation. Deactivating a user means the user will no longer be able to access their Compass+ account.
9. You can reactivate a user by clicking on their “active” checkbox and clicking “activate”