What are Evaluations?
Evaluations enable schools to quickly and easily evaluate their careers activity against the eight benchmarks of best practice – known as the Gatsby Benchmarks.
The Compass Evaluation tool was built in partnership with the Gatsby Charitable Foundation to help Careers Leaders easily discover their institution’s strengths and find areas for improvement.
Completing an Evaluation is simple: answer the questions in the form provided and Compass+ will calculate your Evaluation results for you.
What are the benefits of completing an Evaluation?
- Monitor your school's progress towards achieving the eight Gatsby Benchmarks in the current academic year
- Compare your progress against previous Evaluations
- Identify areas for improvement, targeting groups and individual pupils
- Use your Evaluation result as the basis for your careers Plan
- Compare your progress against other institutions in your LEP or CEC Hub.
How long does it take to complete an Evaluation?
An evaluation can be completed in as little as 30 minutes. If you start and evaluation and need to come back later, that’s fine - you can save your progress and complete the Evaluation when you have more time.
How does Compass+ help me understand my Evaluation scores?
Compass+ has a series of tools that enable you to use the data from your Evaluation scores to inform activity planning.
All completed Evaluations can be accessed so you can see where you have made progress, and where there may be areas for improvement.
Your data dashboard also gives you an at-a-glance view of your Benchmark scores, and how you institution compares to others: useful tools for reporting that can quickly provide the management data your SLT or others might need: