MIS Integration page.
This page shows details about how your Compass+ account connects to the student data in your Management Information System (MIS). You can use this page to:
- check and update the contact details of your IT Manager
- see which MIS integration method your school is using.
PLEASE NOTE : Schools using Assembly will need to migrate to XoD. (Xporter on Demand)
If you are on XoD, check to see if your IT Manager has enabled the student email scope. This must be enabled for the system to send emails to learners from Compass+, such as the email invitation to complete the FSQ (Future Skills Questionnaire)
If you are still on Assembly, and your IT Manager has not yet started the process to move across to XoD, you can use this page to send them an invitation to start the migration process.
When you land on this page, you will see one of the following screens:
If the IT Manager fields are blank, click the ‘Update IT Manager’ details to enter this information.
If the IT Manager details displayed here are incorrect, you can also update them here.
If your IT Manager details are correct, click the ‘Update to XoD : Send Groupcall authorisation email’ button, this will send an email to your IT Manager inviting them to start the migration process from Assembly to XoD.
The email to the IT Manager looks like this:
You need to email your IT Manager and ask them to enable the Student Email Scope, this will allow you to send FSQ (Future Skills Questionnaire) links to students via email.
Only schools that have migrated to Groupcall Xporter on Demand (XoD) can enable the student email scope.
You can manage student email address data in the Groupcall interface by following these steps:
- Log-in to the Groupcall interface at the following link: IDaaS login
- On the left hand menu, click on Data Sharing
- Select Data sharing Dashboard
- On the Xporter on Demand Apps page, select Careers and Enterprise
- Click on the Sharing Permissions tab
- On the right hand Configure Optional Fields section, click on the blue Configure button
- You will see HomeEmail and WorkEmail with a switch to enable or disable both fields.
All current student emails must be captured in the WorkEmail or HomeEmail field in your MIS if you want to send questionnaires to students from Compass+.
Please ask your IT Manager to whitelist all emails from @careersandenterprise.co.uk. This will prevent FSQ emails to students being blocked by your institution's IT system.
Please pay attention to any messages you see within Compass+ regarding your MIS connection and migrating from Assembly to XoD.
If you are experiencing issues with your MIS migration, or you do not understand what steps you need to take to start or complete your migration, please contact our Help Desk.
To deal with your query we will require the following information:
- Institution name
- Institution URN
- If you have a banner message at the top of your screen when you login to Compass+, what does it say?
- IT Manager contact name and email address
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with 'MIS Migration query' as the title of your email.